First off, it's better that you don't even get a tax return. Your tax return is money the government is giving back to you. You should have had that during the year to use and invest as you please. But anyway, now that you are getting a check what should you do with it?
Here are 5 ways to spend your tax return that will improve your lifestyle.
1. Pay for stuff you already bought. In other words, pay it toward your credit card.
2. Donate 10% to your church or someone in need.
3. Put as much in an IRA as possible. This will lower your income for the year and reduce the taxes you are responsible for on your next tax return.
4. Take a vacation. Don't charge it but instead use the cash you just got. Don't go over the top. Maybe you can take a weekend trip.
5. Put it in your savings. You should have at least $1,000 in your saving account at all times.
How do you "spend" your tax return?